REGISTRATION, TUITION & FEE'S:
- A one time Registration Fee of $25/student is due upon class registration.
- Tuition and annual fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition is paid monthly and by the 1st of each month.
- Any payment received after the 10th of the month will result in a $10.00 late fee added to your account. We accept: Visa and MasterCard. You may set up auto payment online.
- There will be a $35 fee added to your account for any transactions returned by the bank.
- If your monthly balance remains unpaid after 60 days, your account will begin to accrue a $15 fee each month, until paid off.
- In order to attend class, tuition/fees must be paid to date.
- No family/student may carry an account balance exceeding $200 for more than 60 days. If account remains unpaid after 60 days, the student will not be allowed to continue in classes, until resolved.
- Monthly tuition is divided into equal payments for lessons received for a full 10-month dance session (September-June), not on lessons per month. Some months have as few as (2) two weeks others have as many as (5) five. Payments remain the same regardless of attendance, school closures or holidays.
- Tuition does not include the cost of shoes, dancewear, costumes or recital tickets. These items will be an additional cost to families.
- An annual Recital Fee of $25/student is due along with costume payment in March.
- Before taking your first week of trial classes (for only $15), you must first be registered in our online system.
REFUNDS, MISSED CLASSES, WITHDRAWS, & CLOSURES:
- No refunds or credits will be given for missed classes.
- However, make up classes are available. Make up classes must be completed in the same month that the class is missed. The class must be made-up within the same level/age group.
- A pro-rated rate will be given to students joining a class mid-month, for the first month only.
- Classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment will be cancelled and an alternate class will be offered. Classes must have 3 active students enrolled to be held.
- Our schedule and faculty are subject to change or substitutions.
- If a student/family chooses to discontinue their classes a 30-day notice of withdrawal in writing is required, via email. Payment of tuition is required from the notice of withdrawal whether a student participates in class or not.
- If a student is absent for 3 weeks and we have been unable to contact them or a parent/guardian, the student will be removed from the class and those students on the wait-list will be enrolled.
- SMAC follows the Tacoma School District for weather related closures. Studio closures will be posted on our website and Facebook pages. There will be no refunds for weather related closures, but make-up classes will be allowed.
ATTENDANCE & PARTICIPATION:
- Guests should check in with the teacher when they arrive for class.
- Age is only a guideline for student placement; students will advance only at the instructors/directors discretion. Clearance into a higher level must be obtained through the faculty after permission has been given. This is to ensure the safety of the student and the integrity of each class.
- Students that arrive more than 15 minutes after class has begun may be asked to observe, as warm-up is the most important part of class and our students safety is our first priority.
- Please contact us if you/your child is going to be late or absent from class.
- New students will not be accepted into recital-based classes after March 1st.
- All students are expected to follow the studio dress code; students that do not adhere to the dress code will be asked to observe for the day.
Phone: (253) 924-9977